Friday, May 6, 2011

Mom In Retrospect

She made me go places I didn't want to
& to say I'm sorry. She made me eat
food that I thought so nasty, and to
go to bed early.

She made me carry the heavy stuff,
after all I'm a strong man! Whenever
we crossed the street she made me hold
her hand.

I couldn't go to party's though I went
when she didn't know, but she just had
to ask the question, "Last night, where
did you go"?

It's half as cruel to beat me as to
make me get my own switch. “An attitude
adjustment tool”, I believe that was
her pitch.

Through all of life's ups and downs
retrospect reveals its ebb and flow.
I am the man I am today because of her,
you know.

If I should be a dad one day I’ll make
sure my kids understand, what a wonderful
woman you are, and you filled your role
in God’s plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment