Friday, September 11, 2009

I Remember

I remember where I was on 9/11/01 (in Bible College, going to work) and that morning came alive to me all over again. I remembered the fear, the anger, the pride, and the resolve that washed over me. I was a student minister, but the Marine in me wanted to go back and smack some terrorists around.

I looked to God for guidence. Should shelve the work og God and go and fight? God didn't answer me directly on this. Instead when I would think about going back, I felt His restraints. I felt Him goading me to stay the course. Rather than fight God, I finally settled on this one thing: If the USMC called me back, I'm packing up and I'm going back to fight. If not, then I'd stay the course.

That was 8yrs ago. The USMC never called. I stayed the course.

I support our cause by fighting, not as a Marine, but as an ambassodor for Christ. I prayed (then and now) for our troops, for our country, and for our president. My prayer is, that they will all come to know God as I have. To know his love for them, His faith in them, and dedication to them. God bless our country, our troops, and our leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment