Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Passing Of A Close Aquaintence

Tonight I'm not ranting. Tonight I'm disturbed. Tonight I found out a woman I worked with for a couple months died. Shante (Tay) Epps. She was only a year older than me. I first met her when I moved here to Hattiesburg, MS back in October 2006) at Kohler Engines. I got moved around a little bit and finally I worked beside her. We butt heads at first but eventually we learned to work together until neither of us wanted to work beside anyone else. We were a team. Shortly before I left for a higher paying job, they took Tay away from me and gave me another woman who seemed upset all the time. I missed Tay. Turned out she missed working with me as well.

I worked at my new job for a year and a half. Then I was laid off and worked at Kohler Engines again, as a temp, for another company. I got the opportunity to see her again. She remembered me. We talked a little for the few days I worked there off and on. I invited her out to my church many times. She even said she would come, but that promise never materialized. I worked my last day as a temp at Kohler Engines April 2009.

July 2009, Tay was at an intersection. She had the right of way. The guy on the motorcycle did not. He plowed his motorcycle into her door ending his life and hers. It never occured to me that from the time I met her, I had only 2 1/2yrs to impact her for God. After the disagreements, the laughs, seeing each other day after day, that the clock was quickly ticking. I don't even know how much time I have left. Oh the things I would have done differently had I only known 2009 would be her last year upon the face of this earth. Lord, have mercy on me and help me to work in concert with you and to always follow the lead of the Holy Ghost, that I may be a blessing to those held captive by the enemy of their souls.

1 comment:

  1. If your days were known, how would we truly live them? Would be as beings become "selfish" or "live for others"? The loss of a close friend or family can never fully be understood, though it hurts to no immediate end. Rynal, I'm still hurting after losing my 2 brothers apart from each other in '96. Though it was years ago I still hurt at times like it were yesterday. I've learned that all I can do is pray for understanding & comfort. Still today I am becoming stronger, thanks to my hand being held by the Father & the Son.

    ReplyDelete